In the world there are about 199,533,484 websites, which were last checked in January 2021.
How focused are you when it comes to staying ahead of your competition? No matter what industry your company is in, it is essential to understand who visits your website and why. Whether the company is focused on B2B or B2C, their website is an information medium, lead generation tool, and communication interface for potential clients and clients. Therefore, knowing your unknown visitors, converting those visitors into leads, and then converting these leads into customers should be a key objective, and here comes the role of web visitors intelligence.
Simply put, web visitor intelligence is the process of extracting rich business data about website visitors and then using those insights to deliver real-time personalization that helps boost engagement and convert unknown visitors into customers. In order to get to this point, it is necessary to understand the definition of a web visitor.
Read also: ZMOT – What role does data play
What is the definition of a web visitor?
In most cases, lead generation (searching for people interested in your product/solution) is limited to a call to action (CTA). For prospect contact information, company websites must contain content closed for download purposes, which is how companies collect information in the first place.
However, defining a web visitor takes a different route. They reinforce the digital footprints left by site visitors. These fingerprints are evaluated by identification and tracking tools to extract valuable information such as Google Analytics and IP addresses. In general, Google Analytics is an integral part of the intelligence of website visitors, and it provides these types of insights:
- Visitor source (the specific link through which the site visitor arrived)
- visitor site
- Time spent on web pages
- The type of device used
Moreover, every device connected to the internet has a unique IP address. This type of address enables data exchange and identification of a web visitor or subscriber. Private Internet users are assigned a new IP address each time they visit a particular website, and it is important to understand that identifying a website visitor is different from tracking website visitors. It bypasses collecting anonymous information by identifying the specific visitor. As third-party cookies continue to be obsolete, and as GDPR regulations continue to evolve, website visitor identification is gaining more attention as a best practice worth pursuing.
The main reasons why website visitor intelligence is a top-secret weapon
Usually first-time buyers don’t buy something right away. According to this Marketo article, more than 90 percent of first-time visitors to the site do not provide their contact information or inquire about a product or service. This means that many brands end up dealing with the remaining 10 percent of users who sign up/sign up for their website.
Generally, a large amount of money has been spent on various advertisements with the aim of increasing the number of signups/subscribers to the website. In doing so, companies risk neglecting 90 percent of users who could become customers. Fortunately, the intelligence of web visitors can be used as a secret weapon to convert a large percentage of website visitors into potential customers.
Likewise, brands can benefit from the intelligence of web visitors by following these three simple steps:
- Understand analytics better: This consists of the type(s) of content that outperforms other assets and pages that visitors spend more time on. It is not only important to constantly track various KPIs, but also to develop a better understanding of your website and its overall performance.
- Personalizing User Experiences: Brands can leverage data and insights to improve the overall site experience for visitors. Another option to continue is to create custom content segments for visitors based on their business, revenue, and interests.
- Invest in your website: Businesses can also benefit from the intelligence of web visitors by investing more money in creating valuable assets such as white papers and e-books as well as creating stunning landing pages with top-notch UX/UI. Another option is to create content for each stage of the marketing funnel. However, it is important to focus on making customer journeys so enjoyable and engaging that it becomes extremely difficult for visitors to leave.
Ultimately, when you understand who is visiting your website, it is easier to identify the specific reasons why you need to target them. Going forward, are you planning to focus more on site visitors rather than the visits themselves?
6 Top Lead Care Practices for Marketers
3 ways to share content help fill your lead pipeline
3 ways to bring more leads into your pipeline