Rocket Software has relaunched Rocket DevOps software. The goal is to enable CI/CD for IBM i environments, bringing modern DevOps best practices to mission-critical applications, and thereby helping companies to attract and retain developer talent.
According to Rocket, in the current hiring climate, attracting and retaining technical talent to enhance mission-critical IBM i applications is difficult. With Rocket DevOps software, organizations can offer developers the chance to work on mission-critical applications with CI/CD—which is not only attractive to developers but also good for business.
Rocket says that with a limited number of developers who understand code on IBM i and a generation of talent beginning to retire, organizations must take steps to attract new developers who are qualified to work on important projects but also want to use familiar tools and approaches.
With Rocket DevOps software, organizations can attract developers by offering the chance to contribute to iterative development cycles that include automated testing. DevOps teams can take advantage of automated, early, and frequent testing within environments that include RPG and COBOL applications, enabling a balance of the flexibility of experimentation and the structure of automation and process controls.
According to Rocket with DevOps (formerly Rocket Aldon), organizations can:
- Enable end-to-end DevSecOps, Providing IBM i development and delivery teams a solution that delivers everything from deployment management to testing so they can develop and deploy high quality code quickly, efficiently and securely
- Build structure through automation and controls,removing as much manual, error-prone work as possible, enforcing compliance mandates through separation of duties and driving faster time to market
- Empower flexibility for CI/CD,allowing engineering and DevOps teams to test the right things at the right time, quickly experiment, make changes and adapt as needed to drive innovation
- Deliver holistic, simplified reporting through near-real time dashboards,enabling teams to quickly respond to regulatory audits and service-level agreements
- Standardize DevOps across an organization,with integrations to popular third-party and open-source DevOps tools
- Enable non-RPG talent to engage and support the IBM i DevOps process, alleviating pressure on RPG developers while keeping code moving
“It’s time to modernize development of mission-critical applications, so that businesses can attract top talent to enhance their most important systems,” said Chris Wey, president, data modernization business unit at Rocket Software. “With the Rocket DevOps solution, users realize the promise of CI/CD, rapid release cycles, and DevSecOps best practices in their IBM i software.”
For more information on Rocket DevOps, visit https://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-devops-formerly-rocket-aldon.