Retrospect, a StorCentric company, is releasing Retrospect Backup 18.5, featuring new anomaly detection, customizable filtering and thresholds, and enhanced ransomware protection.
With deeper Microsoft Azure Blob integration for Immutable Backups and integrated cloud bucket creation, Retrospect Backup 18.5’s anomaly detection and ransomware protect bolsters StorCentric’s data-centric security approach to organizations’ critical infrastructure, according to the vendor.
Beyond protection, organizations need to detect ransomware as early as possible to stop the threat and remediate those resources.
Retrospect Backup 18.5 includes anomaly detection to identify changes in an environment that warrants the attention of IT. Administrators can tailor anomaly detection to their business’s specific systems using customizable filtering and thresholds for each of their backup policies, and those anomalies are aggregated on Retrospect Management Console across the entire business’s Retrospect Backup instances or a partner’s client base with a notification area for responding to those anomalies.
“As ransomware continues to grow in prevalence, businesses can leverage Retrospect’s new anomaly detection to quickly identify when ransomware has infected their infrastructure and rely on their immutable backups to restore any lost data,” said JG Heithcock, general manager, Retrospect, a StorCentric Company . “Anomaly detection is integrated into Retrospect’s policy-based workflow and with our hosted service, Retrospect Management Console, to ensure customers and partners are notified about anomalies as soon as they happen.”
Included in Retrospect Backup 18.5:
- Anomaly Detection: Detect anomalies in systems based on customizable filters and thresholds tailored to individual environments.
- Retrospect Management Console Integration: View anomalies across a business or partner’s entire client base in a single pane of glass.
- Improved Microsoft Azure Blob Integration: Set individual immutable retention policies for different backup sets within the same Azure Storage Container.
- Streamlined Immutable Backup User Experience: Automatically create cloud buckets with immutable backups supported by default.
- LTO-9 Support: Includes support for LTO-9, with capacities up to 18TB (45TB compressed).
For more information about this release, visit www.retrospect.com.